Monday, January 14, 2013

A Sunrise of Wonder

Yesterday, Sunday, January 13, 2013 I  joined a group of riders from Columbia, SC who were taking a short notice ride to the SeeWee Seafood Restaurant on Hwy 17, just on the edge of the Francis Marion National Forest northeast of Charleston, SC.  I have never been to or heard of this place in 71 years of knowing SC.

So, I was excited about the ride and the food.  The plan was for me to meet the other riders in West Columbia at Micky Dees on the corner of I-26 and Charleston Highway.  It would have been easy to hop on I-20, transition to I-26 and meet the guys and gals at McDonalds.  Out of habit, I chose not to go via the slab but opted for the back roads.  Not out of habit, I decided to wear my video cam on my helmet for this trip.  These two actions netted me some really spectacular views of a sunrise from which I chopped out several snapshots which are part of this posting.  If I can get the darn thing uploaded to my blog site, all will be Jake.  The resolution of the pics is not good enough to use full screen .


2 comments:

  1. THanks for sharing, Gus. Each new day is to be treasured for its possibilities, even if your only goal is to do nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots man! Amazing what you see when you take the time to see.

    ReplyDelete